We are now building Phase Two of The Impact50 and some people have been asking about Phase One.
The original idea behind The Impact 50 was based on our success with 50 Kisses. We had writers submit two page scripts, we selected what we thought were the best 50, then released them on the internet and any filmmaker could then make a version of the script. We had around 350 films submitted and selected the best and made a feature film.
Phase one of Impact50 ran from 2015 to 2017 and generated thousands of scripts and around 100 short films.
After a very long and arduous process, we realised that we didn't have enough material from the films to create a feature length movie. And so we decided to open up Phase two more open rules, and steering writers and filmmakers toward tougher and more dynamic, challenging and groundbreaking stories.
And so welcome to Impact50 phase two!
Phase Two will open on December 18th with a much simplified and streamlined approach. You should really consider getting involved…
- The scripts that were not produced in Phase One will be available for production in Phase Two.
- Writers from Phase One will be invited to resubmit their scripts to Phase Two.
- All writers will be invited to submit a script(s) to the new Phase Two.
- Filmmakers will be invited to option scripts submitted and produce them.
- Filmmakers will be allowed to write their own scripts and produce them.
The process will close on June 3rd 2019 after which we will begin judging and editing the final film.
The Impact will open with the President of America addressing the planet, which we shot earlier this year with Olivia Williams playing the president. You can watch the behind the scenes below…
There will be micro challenges opening up as we go, so make sure you are subscribed to our mailing list below…
Good luck and see you at the premiere!