'Last Push Till We Meet Again' by Zade Aerial Photography & Video, post by Tasbir Malle

I contacted Zade Aerial who were excited to take up the project. I was struggling to find a Indian actor and fellow Talent Camper Omar put me in touch with an actor friend of his, Yanick who really liked the Impact idea, script and was excited about joining the project. Unable to find a disabled Indian actor, I had some encouragement from another fellow Talent Camper Bob, to get it filmed myself, it was a huge decision between spending another day on bed rest or miss this exciting collaborative opportunity.

So I took it up. Zade and I talked in detail about the project, came up with additional ideas that could help bring the story alive and feel more cinematic. The small team of 2 film makers, an actor and myself, changed small things along the way. The film was shot in one day. Despite a very tiring day we got all the shots that were needed. Zade went off to start the edit and the results were as I had hoped.

Behind The Scenes Stills...

Have your say on the edit below...

Write a comment

Comments: 10
  • #1

Jashan (Monday, 10 June 2019 19:27)

Amazing short film! Captured my attention from beginning to end and loved the storyline.

• #2

Jauvan (Monday, 10 June 2019 19:36)

A very creative and engaging storyline with great acting throughout! Overall, a fantastic short film!

• #3

Vera Mark (Monday, 10 June 2019 20:37)

Taz !!! This is beautiful. I got goosebumps watching it. Bravo, and extra bravo for doing it yourself.
    The only thing I would consider doing differently is the very (too) regular background noise of cars going by. I'd say either we hear none, or you introduce a bit more of the panic that is going on "in the outside world" - and then the contrast to the composed calm is even bigger.
    Love it.

• #4

Tasbir Malle (Monday, 10 June 2019 21:09)

Jashan & Jauvan - thanks so much for your feed back, really pleased it captured your imagination & attention. My acting was quite minimal as I poured everyday life into the role, it was very tiring long day and my first whole day up in my chair outside. It was painful at times as my bed sore on my bum has still not healed so going over rough ground proved unforgiving, but it worked for the film!

Vera - thank-u for the feedback & pleased you liked it, much appreciated, glad you got goosebumps! Re sound - I see what you mean & a great suggestion for the next edit. Thanks

• #5

Michael van Koetsveld (Tuesday, 11 June 2019 08:12)

Well done on creating an engaging and true-to-life film.

For the edit, if you do one, you might want to check the story world page of this site and get your newsreader to change the info from Pacific to Atlantic so that it fits with all the other references to the impact site.

Great job though. I do like Vera's idea of making the traffic into more of a panic background.

• #6

Tasbir Malle (Tuesday, 11 June 2019 14:03)

Michael

Thanks for watching & feed backing. Good call on Re newsreader and the Pacific/Atlantic - think it was a miscalculation from where I am!

• #7

Anthony E (Tuesday, 11 June 2019 16:49)

Well done, Tas, a brave decision to put yourself in front of the camera to get the job done! A simple tale, simply told - I loved Duljit's sense of purpose, the contrast between brother and sister, the misplaced photos and joshing.

• #8

Tasbir (Wednesday, 12 June 2019 12:32)

Thanks Anthony,

It was a difficult decision but the cinematographers and Yanick my on-screen brother also helped me get the job done! I'm glad you like this and the brother/sister contrast.

• #9

Kate Robbins (Saturday, 15 June 2019 15:42)

A really engaging and emotive piece, which felt very real. I appreciate how much effort has gone in to the recording of this and I think that commitment shines through in the quality. A genuinely engaging watch.

• #10

Tasbir (Saturday, 15 June 2019 16:55)

Kate

Thanks so much for your kind words & the feedback on the performance and making of this film. It was a very worthwhile long & tiring day for both crew & actors!