The End Is Closer Than You Think…

As many of you will know, Covid-19 has been an extraordinary challenge for us at the London Screenwriters’ Festival. I am sure it has for you too.

Like so many businesses, we have suffered greatly and the team has had to be let go and the offices closed, in order that we survive.

On top we ended up running a month long online festival at the start of Summer. So yeah, it’s been real.

So Impact50… We have an edit.

We are working on it hard now and plan to be fine cutting within a month. Then we will lock picture, grade, sound mix and sweeten, add VFX, add credits, master and prepare for a premiere.

I made a promise that we will be completed and premiered this year and I aim to stick to that promise, with festivals and screenings following.

I just wanted to let you know, we are now working hard and will start to share news of edits, sound, music, credits, encoding… as we go.

We will also be adding an Impact50 entry to IMDb soon and you will be invited to add your names too.

This one has been an epic journey and one day I will write about the highs and the lows. But for now, I am focussed on the finish line.

I hope you are keeping well and look forward to sharing exciting updates over the coming weeks.

Chris Jones
www.Impact50film.com

Write a comment

Comments: 6
  • #1

Carlos Ferrao (Thursday, 03 September 2020 13:15)

Hi Chris,

Appreciate what a difficult year it's been and thanks for persevering through it. Looking forward to the final film and its premiere.

All the best

• #2

Chris Jones (Thursday, 03 September 2020 14:22)

Much appreciated and looking forward to that premiere!

• #3

Richard Osborne (Tuesday, 15 September 2020 14:54)

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear how difficult it has been for you and the team this year.

I can't wait to see the final film.

All the best

Richard

• #4

Chris Jones (Wednesday, 16 September 2020 17:56)

Thanks Richard, still coming out punching!

• #5

Michael Miller (Tuesday, 20 October 2020 05:53)

Hi Chris,
    I know your goal was before the end of the year. I want to see this as soon as possible, but if that means 2021, you won't hear any whining here. No one has escaped this year and its many roadblocks.
    Personally, I can sit tight while you guys finish it right. I certainly hope the rest of the team sees it the same way. I'd rather give you the leeway of time to see a spectacular finish than a shortcut version to meet a time goal.
    Just keep going,
    Mike

• #6

Chris Jones (Tuesday, 20 October 2020 16:10)

Thanks Mike and very much appreciated.