1. Write a script or option a script that has been submitted.
2. Enter your name, team name and other details HERE.
3. Start prepping your production.
4. You will be contacted by the team via phone before the challenge to answer any questions and pay the £20 entry fee.
5. You will be given ONE line of dialogue to include in your film one hour before the challenge begins.
6. Shoot and edit your film between 6pm on Friday the 19th and 6.00pm on Sunday the 21st of July (UK time).
7. Upload an edit BEFORE the deadline of 6.00pm on Sunday the 21st of July (UK time).
8. You will get feedback on your film and will be invited to make changes before submitting a final version at the end of August.
9. Judging will begin. Winners will be announced at the Awards and Premiere on 2020.
10. If your film is considered for inclusion in the final feature film, you will be asked for all your media, footage and sound etc. Read the guidelines HERE.
11. Please take behind the scenes photos. And write us a blog about your experience.
For the last two years filmmakers from all over the world have been making films for the Impact50 project as part of a global challenge to make an independent feature film to release in 2020.
Now we are launching the final stage of the project as a 48 hour film challenge. And YOU and your talent are invited to enter.
The story is simple. The President of the United States of America has just announced to a shocked world that a meteorite is about to hit planet Earth, wiping out all human life. Nothing will survive. You can read more about the story universe HERE.
Can you make a short that explores this final two hours? One lasting no less than 30 seconds and no more than four minutes?
While not a rule, we are welcoming stories that are more 18 cert / R rating and less PG13.
The 48 hour film challenge will running from Friday July 19th (18:00 GMT) to Sunday July 21st (18:00 GMT). Unlike most film challenges you will only be expected to upload your first edit and will have a whole month to polish your film after feedback.It will cost £10 to enter and teams will be able to sign up from Wednesday the 19th of June.
Every film entered will be shown on our website, and the best films will included in the final feature film. Prizes will be given to the very best films, sound, editing, performance at the premiere and awards in London in 2020.
Use this as an opportunity to platform your talent as a filmmaker and be part of our global 48 hour film making challenge.
Nick von Schlippe
Team Impact 48